The next Ibis release is out, check out the detailed release notes.
Notable features in this release (some of which will be the subject of upcoming blog posts):
- Using Impala user-defined C++ functions with Ibis (docs here).
- Better composability and chaining by passing functions as parameters
- An ORM-like layer for interacting with database objects
- Enhanced TopK expressions
- Support for Kerberos-enabled secure HDFS clusters
Thanks to all who contributed patches:
$ git log v0.3.0..v0.4.0 --pretty=format:%aN | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn 38 Wes McKinney 9 Uri Laserson 2 Meghana Vuyyuru 2 Kristopher Overholt 1 Marius van Niekerk
The next major release will offer
- Python 3 support (this was blocked on upstream dependencies, sorry)
- Impala C++ aggregate function (UDA) support
- Async expression execution API (cancellation, progress, etc.)
I'm looking for people interested in helping build Ibis support for any of the following compute engines:
- PostgreSQL flavors: Redshift, PostgreSQL, HP Vertica
If interested please contact me.